09 Feb 2023
Inside Job Productions is collaborating with Rethink Mental Illness, one of the UK’s leading mental health charities, on the launch of their new TikTok channel which will raise awareness about young people’s mental health and wellbeing issues.
We’re looking to recruit a highly creative film-maker who is passionate about using film to change lives for the better, particularly the lives of young people who are struggling with their own mental health.
This is a six-month freelance position and will focus on supporting a Production Trainee to learn about all aspects of producing film content for a new social media channel.
Who we are:
Inside Job Productions (IJP) is an award-winning film and digital production company and social enterprise, established in 2006. We create high-quality, thought-provoking content for clients across the third, public and private sectors and reinvest our profits into projects that support people living with poor mental health. www.insidejobproductions.co.uk
Rethink Mental Illness is a leading national charity which seeks to improve the lives of people severely affected by mental illness through its network of local groups and services, expert information and successful campaigning. Their goal is to make sure everyone severely affected by mental illness has a good quality of life. www.rethink.org
As a key member of a small and dedicated team, you will have overall responsibility for providing support and training to the Production Trainee (a young person struggling with their mental health). You will teach them about the film production process and support them to create a wide and rich variety of film content for Rethink Mental Illness’ new TikTok channel.
Your work activities will include the following:
- Developing a training plan for our Production Trainee that covers planning, filming, directing and editing;
- Supporting the Production Trainee to formulate ideas that will engage the target audience;
- Supporting the Production Trainee to shoot, direct, and edit exciting and compelling content aimed at an audience of 18-30 year olds;
- Working closely with the Production Trainee, and other IJP staff, to ensure application and rigour of production, editorial practices and processes;
- Working closely with Rethink Mental Illness on ideas for short-form video content to feature across their social media channels which is safe and accurate and reaching the intended audiences.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven experience of training others in producing film content;
- Proven experience of self-shooting and editing, particularly short form films and for social media;
- Evidence of engagement with social impact issues in a personal or professional capacity, ideally within the mental health and wellbeing sector;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire others to deliver their best;
- Experience of influencing and communicating effectively both internally and with external agencies, partners and clients.
This role is being advertised as a freelance contract position for 1 day per week over a 6-month period (an extension beyond this may be considered)
Day rate: £350 per day
Working hours: 1 day per week
Office location: The Print House, 18-22 Ashwin Street, Dalston, London E8 3DL
How to apply
Send a CV, 500 word cover letter, and examples of films produced for social media channels to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 27th February 2023 – 17:00
Interviews: w/c 13th March 2023 (date TBC)
Start date: April 2023 (Date TBC)